Digital Growth Marketer
Making Things is building the digital infrastructure to improve and invent tools for crafters and makers: we’re starting with the knitters and crocheters of the world. It’s a huge and exciting space, filled with fantastic customers who love our newly released subscriber service for knitters and crocheters to find and use patterns.
We are a small team of eight, spread across Melbourne, Vancouver, New York with big plans to grow. We run fast, and there’s lots of room to shape this role to be your own.
We are looking for an experienced Digital Growth Marketer to lead the planning, development, execution and optimization of our online marketing efforts.
This role will:
- Lead the development of strategies to build a lasting digital connection with new and existing ‘Making Things Makers’
- Develop the Making Things brand narrative, value proposition and tell the product story
- Plan and support the ongoing company presence on social media
- Plan, execute and monitor the ongoing company presence across all growth channels
- Develop, launch and optimize online advertisements to increase Making Things’ brand awareness such as online adverts through Google Adwords, Instagram etc. to increase company and brand awareness
- Lead SEO efforts (keyword, image optimization etc.)
- Collaborate with designers to improve the user experience
- Measure the performance of digital marketing efforts using a variety of Web analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.)
- Acquire insight into online marketing trends and keep strategies up-to-date
The ideal candidate will have a passion for all things marketing, startups, online growth and technology. You will be well-versed in the concepts surrounding digital marketing of direct to consumer start-ups and testing channels to find the best growth strategy to reach our Makers. You will be a leader who likes to get hands-on and work with a remote creative team across product, content and community.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience as Digital Marketing Executive or similar role
- Experience with B2C social media, Google Adwords and SEO/SEM
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools and email tools (e.g., DART, Atlas, Klavyio)
- Excellent knowledge of web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Mixpanel.)
- Skills and experience in creative content writing, especially for EDMs
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking
- First and foremost, an open mind and love of experimenting, data and learning
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with customer journey interviews
- Experience in setting up CRM’s would be a bonus (e.g Hubspot)
- Start up experience, blogging experience, or general website admin experience
- Grow an awesome product that people love
- Friendly, flexible team and remote work environment
- Potential to grow in a venture backed start up
- Get hands-on in a supportive environment and actually applying your skills everyday